Total Pageviews

Sunday 14 April 2013

VIOLENCE IN GAMES: TIMELINE TEMPLATE

      After completing the majority of my research (the rest to be carried out tomorrow), highlighting patterns and key aspects of violence in games, I decided to make a start on the timeline that will work in co-operation with the presentation that both me and Andrew are to give on Wednesday the 17th of April.

     The original idea was to present the timeline adopting a 'crime board' theme, as discussed in a previous post of mine. However, whilst attempting to develop that idea on Photoshop, it seemed boring - I guess it sounded better on paper. So I decided to scrap that idea on the most part and blend it with another visual style. Some aspects still remain, such as the pins, the notes and pretty much the whole practical theme, but I blended it with a nice digital layout that I think looks much better.


It doesn't look too flashy small, so open the image in another tab to see it at it's nearly full quality! 

VIOLENCE IN GAMES: TIMELINE TEMPLATE
by Christian Whelan

    I must note, that this is just a template, ready to have the information thrown in there - it is not a finished idea. The idea is to have the concept above, with a little more information in there, and I mean a little. Such information types such as quotes and buzzwords will be added in where necessary, to make the timeline a little more readable, a at the moment, it's just pictures and dates, which is a timeline for sure, but not a very interesting one.

     Although a low resolution when you look at it, the timeline is actually A4 in height and 5 times A4 in width, so it's quiet a lengthy timeline. I may need more space, but me and Andrew will try our best to compile all the information onto this template.

   Anyway, I think Andrew will like it, so once I get approval, we'll compile the research, put it into the timeline, and by tomorrow night, it should be finished along with the research and coupling presentation.

NEXT POST: VIOLENCE IN GAMES: CARMAGEDDON (1997)

No comments:

Post a Comment