Total Pageviews

Wednesday 17 October 2012

MOOD BOARD: ART NOUVEAU

        Art Nouveau is something I'd heard of prior to this course, but never really understood. Since developing this mood board however, I have a new found interest in it. The colours combined with the circular shapes and patterns make art that is both pleasing to the eye whilst also being culturally influenced. It's a rich style that really has its own identity and thus, its a field I shall research further into in the coming months. All in all I am really pleased with the mood board below.


   With a movement like Art Nouveau, there are many defining characteristics; whether colours or shape, Art Nouveau has distinctive trademarks such as the use of circles, thick controlled lines and warm colours. In this mood board I tried to reflect all of the aforementioned in the hopes of translating the Art Nouveau theme - I personally think I succeeded. By using common shapes (Circles etc), thick black lines and curved patterns, I have managed to develop a full body of work that encompasses the art movement as a whole and therefore I believe it is an informative piece to those that view it. It's a movement that 'requires' such depth in order to be appreciated and thus, by included common patterns, colours, techniques and renowned artworks within the Art Nouveau movement, this mood board perfectly reflects the style.


NEXT POST: MOOD BOARD: REALISM

1 comment: