Total Pageviews

Tuesday 9 October 2012

INTRODUCTION TO BLOG


        Historical Contextual Studies was not something I would have thought to be of any importance to Game Design. However after some initial scepticism, I have been enlightened to exactly how important research on other art forms are, whether symbolism, music or architecture. It just goes to show how much research and effort really is invested when building a game and its world. Because of this, I’m craving the opportunity to soak up knowledge so that when the opportunity presents itself, I can confidently build a world with substance along with imagination or realism.

   With this module, you get as much as you put into it, thus throughout the year you will mostly see self initiated research on various topics from symbolism to architecture. You will see my research and read my views, and hopefully when read in correspondence with the other module blogs, see how my research affects my work and eventually matures it.

   To abide by such a promise, my first posts will cover three separate art movements, what they are and my personal views on them.

NEXT POST: ART MOVEMENT: CUBISM

No comments:

Post a Comment