Total Pageviews

Wednesday 17 October 2012

MOOD BOARD: REALISM

       Realism was a movement that I related well to, therefore developing a mood board with this movement in question was the obvious avenue to take. However I soon realised that Realism lacks the same depth and cultural inspiration other movements such as Art Nouveau pride themselves upon - its a movement that can be taken at face value, and thus, although I like the resulting body's of work that that have emerged from such a well known movement, I find myself craving more character or depth due to previous research on other movements. 

   Taking this into account, the mood board I have developed encompasses exactly what Realism is about - "What you see is exactly what you get". It's about the images themselves and therefore, the mood board below focuses on that in the hopes of translating the concept, the art and its style across - it's not about the fancy techniques, its about the image as a whole, I kept this in mind when developing the mood board.



   All in all, considering this mood board is no where near as rich in its visuals, it is still a successful piece, as it reflects and succeeds in the same goals as Realism sets out to accomplish  - its realistic, its serious and its straight forward. Couple the imagery with the direct quotation that encompasses what Realism aims to achieve and you have a mood board that is instantly identifiable with the movement Realism and thus, a successful mood board. One thing I must note though, is that after developing both mood boards, my interest in art has taken a U-turn as I find myself more attracted to work with depth and cultural influences - I now appreciate the values of a piece of art rather than art at face value.

NEXT POST: ART MOVEMENT: ART DECO

No comments:

Post a Comment